Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Temporary

Ack, sorry blog. I've been working at this temp job and its one of those crazy jobs where you actually work and don't use the computer! how crazy. What are they thinking?

It's fine, it's very busy, its a general doctors office, he's a family doc, so really every single person that comes in there is sick as a dog. It's proving to be good for my customer service however, because I feel so sorry for these people, I'm just as nice as can be.

But man oh man, I'm thankful its not my full time job. I like being busy, so I appreciate that part of it, but no windows, no lunch hour, yikes. Anyway, I have one long day today and one tomorrow and then I'm done! I got some different work for next week too, so the Hixx is cruising on the job front.

But it all keeps pointing to one thing, how much I don't want to go back to "admin/office" work again. I just don't. It makes me a little sick to my stomach. I'm very thankful for the work, this part time temp work is exactly what I wanted, but I already feel like MY TIME has been taken up, like the things I want to work on have to wait, like I'm working for someone else's benefit, not my own.

Anyway, off I go in the snowstorm to the doctor's office! Everyone be safe and warm tonight.

1 comment:

Mental P Mama said...

Remember to take your echinacea.