Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1 Perfectly Happy Woman

Hey! So I had to go to jury duty today! I was all excited this morning. I think jury duty/being a juror is really fun. I had to do it once years ago and they let me go right away and it was out in the burbs.

But today I went to Daley Plaza and I am a JUROR.

I believe I'm supposed to be finished tomorrow, I can tell you all about it then.

It was weird, it felt like I auditioned and got the part!

Plus, the 17.90 the city pays me is 17.90 more than I was making anyway! Ha.

Anyway, more tomorrow!

2 comments:

BigHig said...

I got picked as a juror for a case where 2 people got in a car accident on Michigan avenue, and when they got out of the car, they were naked.

Basically, the driver(a girl) was suing the passenger(a boy) for being a "cunning linguist" and causing the accident.

We found him not guilty.

smussyolay said...

i have been registered since i was old enough to vote and i've had a driver's license since i was 19, obtained in IL.

i have *never* once been called for jury duty. and then there's people i hear who get called all the time.

i wonder what the algorithm is for that. boo.