Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm So Hot Thursday!

So tonight? Storytelling. I feel mostly confident, I wish I had 10 minutes to tell my story, that would make me more confident, but I’m happy with it I guess… I think … for now.

We’ll see how it goes tonight. Nothing is ever simple with the Apes.

But now for something that is completely under my control...

I’m So Hot Thursday!

Weight-145.5
Running Stats-Still no idea
Favorite Running Song This Week- Umm Bop by Hanson (yeah? Sue me, it rocks)


So yeah, I’m totally on for running outside. I don’t know why I fought it for so long, but now I really like it. I even feel myself running just a tad faster, not like some child half skipping down the street.

Still waiting for my pedometer to see how far and fast I’m running, because I would like to know and see how I improve, but there’s also something really nice in just running, as far as I can at a (snails) pace that I’m comfortable with.

last night it was dark and cool, I was jamming on the Hanson, my finish line did not seem so far away and it felt, well…it felt good.

My weight seems to be at a plateau huh? It’s been a few weeks at 145. I’m hoping the running outside will jumpstart that, but considering 145 is 10 pounds lighter than when I started, its okay if it stays there with me a bit. I’m friends with 145, not great friends, but friends enough.

My pants fit. They’re not too loose, not too tight, they fit. I still get annoyed at my stupid boobs and ever-flattening ass (exercise loses my junk in the trunk, it is now literally as flat as the horizon), but I feel good, the pressure is off to “up my speed” all the time and battle with the treadmill. I’m glad I have it, but I see myself using it in December…not anytime soon.

Huzzah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Now that we are remote enough to not feel like a complete dork listening to it, MMMM-Bop is a pleasant surprise on shuffle. It's a smiley song, kind of like "Walking on Sunshine" before it was used in every commercial on earth, or "500 Miles" by the Proclaimers. Good call.
Time to mix up your aerobics, move the muscles around. My new cross training? Jump rope. Cheap, portable, steep learning curve, but doable.

James

Tankboy said...

While "Mmmbop" most certainly does NOT rock, it IS awesome, and I still find myself bopping along to it from time to time.

Hixx said...

Fair enough TB, fair enough. Hanson is awesome, but not rockin'. I'll give you that.

James, can we include Two Princes in that mix? I do love me some Spin Doctors.

Anonymous said...

Spin Doctors aren't real rockers like the boys in Hanson.

James